Who am I
I'm a 30 year old software developer from Odessa, Ukraine.
Started to code when I was 15 and still can't stop myself building new software :)
What I did
I did a lot of things in mobile. Like one of the most popular mobile IM clients available on the market. Took part in building clients for variety of mobile platforms. Also wrote lots of backend code in Java long time ago...
What I'm doing now
I'm focused on the web. It's really the most interesting and dynamic area in modern software development, IMHO.
Scalable web systems and rich web user interfaces are the things that really excite me :)
Currently, I'm a part of a great dev team at Rails Reactor that's building solutions for the healthcare industry in US.
What I've created lately
Monitorius is a bootstrapped startup, uptime monitoring made simple. Not longer available.
IM+ Web is my favorite product, a web-based multiprotocol IM client.
IM+ Bar is a spinoff of IM+ Web, it's an IM+ as a browser extension for Firefox/Chrome/Safari/Opera.
Olanola is a user-generated content news site, known in Russia as Mirtesen.ru
Timp is an image placeholder generator. Weekend project to try out Angular.
Alfafile is currently in development\migration state from Backbone to React/Flux. It's a file sharing service with rich UI\UX.
Monfi is currently in development, personal expense tracker for web and mobile.
What I use
- OS X, Linux
- ReactJS, Redux, Backbone.js, jQuery, SemanticUI, Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation, Kango Framework, gulp, browserify, webpack, Sass, etc.
- express, revel, Django, Flask
- Redis, mongoDB, MySQL. Played a bit with Cassandra and RethinkDB.
- git, nginx, RabbitMQ, Socket.IO/tornadio, Orbited and lots of other stuff.
- I've used DigitalOcean, Linode, Rackspace Cloud, Amazon EC2 for hosting.
- Like to dig into new stuff every day.
Contacts and social profiles
LinkedIn: Dmitry Utkin
Angel.co: Dmitry Utkin
Facebook: Dmitry Utkin